These are only some of the services that a Service Pack can be trained to perform. It should be noted that this list is an example of services, as each Handler will have their own requirements.
- The Service Pack can be trained to 'Check the house' upon arriving home, to ensure that no unwanted persons are inside.
- The Service Pack can be trained to 'Go see' when a strange noise is heard.
- The Service Pack can be trained to monitor the environment for potential/perceived threats, and abrupt situational changes, such as when someone approaches the Handler from behind, creating a potentially startling situation.
- The Service Pack can be trained to alert the Handler to the situation by leaning or nudging.
(Dogs, being pack animals, are naturally sensitive to their environment. The training entails enhancing and directing the dogs' natural response capacities so as to be an aid to the Handler.)
- The Service Pack can be trained to respond to the anxiety of the Handler in a stressful situation, and redirect the Handler's focus to bring calmness.
- The Service Pack can be trained to maintain a natural safety zone around the Handler to mitigate claustrophobic response in crowded settings, creating a personal space that does not exist without the Pack.
- The Service Pack can be trained to respond to nightmares by providing tactile stimulation to wake the Handler.
- The Service Pack can be trained to respond to commands such as 'Take me home', or 'Find the car', 'Find the Exit', or even to backtrack and return the Handler to the place of origin.
- The Service Pack can be trained to 'Go find _____' (family member) when confusion or panic takes over.
- The Service Pack naturally requires exercise, fresh air, and pottying. People are naturally drawn to individuals with well behaved dogs, thus creating a daily opportunity to speak to people, which greatly reduces the feelings of being alone, or unwanted. This daily exercise promotes the production of endorphins, creating a sense of well-being, as well as improving the physical health of the Handler, which, in turn, creates a renewed interest in the world around them.